Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The habits of lifelong learners...and me.

Okay, so I have observed and reviewed the 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners and have determined that I do, indeed, fit right in with that group. I have always been one of those annoying(?) people who have enthusiasm for virtually anything new. In general, I enjoy learning new things, meeting new people, and visiting new places. I welcome and embrace change...and this is the thing, why then have I been so reluctant about trying some of these new technologies? Alot of it has to do with the time investment, I think. It takes a while to figure out how to upload photos, blog about stuff, and create and maintain online relationships. Another reason could be that the technology seems to change so fast that it is difficult to keep up, and then there are so many waaays! Well, enough carrying on then...and now to the question at hand. For me, the most difficult part of being a lifelong learner (where technology is concerned) is having the confidence in myself as a competent, effective, learner. I seem to have this mental block about learning the new technology and a fear that I won't know how to do it or that I will do it completely wrong and be unsuccessful--the easiest part for me will be taking responsibility for my own learning. I learn best when I feel like I am allowed to poke around, hands on, and make mistakes (and learn from them) in a non-threatening atmosphere...Like this one! So hopefully, I will start feeling more and more confident with technology as the days progress. :) Maybe I'll also learn to make shorter posts too!! :) :)

No comments: